14th Annual Diversity Workshop
Perrysburg , OH
Date: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
Time: 8:30 AM to 03:00 PM
The Hilton Garden Inn - Levis Commons
6165 Levis Commons Blvd.
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Join us for NOHRA's 14th Annual Diversity conference as we present, "Leveraging the Power of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion for Creativity and Innovation."
Diversity and inclusion (D&I) is a company’s mission, strategies, and practices to support a diverse workplace and leverage the effects of diversity to achieve a competitive business advantage. Diversity has to do with more than race or ethnicity. Diverse workplaces are composed of employees with a mix of characteristics including, but not limited to, age, gender, ethnicity, education, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation and physical abilities. Inclusion involves bringing together and leveraging this diversity and creating a collaborative, supportive, and respectful environment that accepts each individual's differences, embraces their strengths and provides opportunities for all staff to achieve their full potential.
A diverse and inclusive culture will positively affect creativity and innovation. It’s no longer something to consider having; a strong D&I strategy aligned with your organization’s business objectives is imperative.
At the 2019 Diversity & Inclusion Conference you will:
• Identify key components of emotional intelligence that can help us uncover our blind spots
• Learn how to incorporate the critical component of D&I into your organization’s corporate culture
• Discover how to make diversity and inclusion a top-to-bottom business strategy and not just an HR program
• Learn strategies for recruitment of non-traditional employees
• Identify strategies for creating an inclusive work environment for individuals with physical abilities
Human resources, D&I professionals, and business leaders will leave the conference armed with the best practices and actionable tools for implementing a D&I strategy that will build positive change in your workplace.
This conference registration includes access to Keynote speakers, breakout sessions, concurrent sessions, lunch, and continental breakfast.